Time

It's always bugged me that my daylogs are written on yesterday's date. GMT is all very well, but if I was Empress Over All Humanity, I would make the internet day start at the dateline. Then the daylog would work for 48 hours. Maximum efficiency!

Oh go on, you play that game too. "When I'M the principal of the highschool... head of the psychiatry department... speaker of the house... a pastry chef...host of my own version of Time Team..."

So I've decided that tonight is the night I push through until tomorrow and hope that resets my internal clock. I decided this about five minutes ago, when I realised that although it is after 4am, and the birds have started to wake up, my body still thinks it is mid afternoon and is starting to wonder about dinner.

Oh yeah, there goes the first maggie. It's definitely too late to pretend I'm staying up late. It is now, officially, being up early. This maggie is up a little early, too. She has a nestful of chicks. I would get up early if I had to share a nest with a pack of demanding little brats, too. "Muuuuuuuum, is it breakfast yet? Can I get up? Can I watch some telly? Mum, she won't let me pick the channel, MUUUUUM!" Oh fuck it, I'm getting up and going worm hunting. "But MUUUUM you can't even see the worms, it's still night time. It's dark." Don't care, at least the worms are quiet. And they don't kick me in the head while I'm trying to sleep.

According to my calendar, I have less than 24 hours to go until the end of the month. According to e2, I have closer to a day and a half of Iron Questing. I'm not going to reach anything like Iron, but I'm happy with my small contribution. Put it in perspective: these are the first nodes I've written in this decade, and more than I've written in half a decade before that. I'm still excited by WYSIWYG editing. Noding used to be 1% inspiration and 99% <></><></><></<<> 

Inevitably, now that I've given up on sleep and decided to stay awake, I'm feeling tired. I should have made the decision earlier. I used to work night shifts. I know how to do it without coffee. A banana and carbs at 2am keep me going until 7am. Sugary carbs at 5am push it out until 10am. Coffee is for the weak.

These days I think I need coffee.

Or Fentanyl. I'm flexible.


Update 8:40am - just waved AD and minininja off to work/school for the day. Realised I have no idea what the morning routine is because I have slept through it all year.

Just have to stay awake for another... 12 hours. Too tired to write in full sentences. May end up vacuuming. Ugh.