Ears are still ringing and a fever. I'm in the middle of an HMO war between my doctor and insurance company, so I had to cancel Monday's appointment.

Didn't get to teach Sunday School this morning. I'm sorry I missed it...not much longer and this Sunday School session will be over. I'll especially miss JP. The first time he came to our class, he discovered he was in the three and four year old and promptly promoted himself to the Kindergarten class next door. We were all unaware of this self-promotion until the Kindergarten teacher showed up with him in tow. He comes in every Sunday with a hug and new song for me. Two weeks ago it was Jesus Loves Me and last week it was Do You Know the Muffin Man?, so now I have a spot in my weekly lesson plan including JP's song of the week.

Found a comment regarding my concerns about the How to slash your wrists node and responded.

Trip to the grocery store yielded $70 worth of groceries (about 5 bags) and an head throbbing, heart pounding fever because of the heat outside.

I'm happy though I managed to get my regular walk in and I plan on attending the Taizé this evening.

It is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
- Matthew 18:14 (KJV)

Regrettably, more times than once the cares of the world have caused me to wonder how I could have strayed so far from Christ. Every time I have wandered away, the Good Shepherd, has come after me and carried me back.

Devotion