I was studying in Britain and taking a computing module at some university. The lecture was very easy and I would have been bored to death if the lecturer hadn't look like Mel C and if she hadn't discussed some societal topics related to computer science too. The classroom was inhabited, surprisingly, by late-teen guys and they didn't pay any attention but they weren't disruptive either. Rather, they were like zombies.

But there was one guy who was keen on Mel C lookalike too and he answered the most questions she stated. She moved on from simple programming principles to labour markets. She didn't discuss the whole complexity of them but rather the fragment of our interest, the problem of young engineers. She said the unemployment of young professionals was amazingly high and if a twentysomething, well-educated guy is also a dad he's even more likely not to get a job. She flashed the figure of 18.8% which means that if you have a baby you're more three times more likely to be excluded from the labour markets. My fellow geek was not bothered because he was assured that if one has his ambition to work there's no trouble. He also slipped out an arrogant, sexist comment about the looks of the lecturer; a comment which was totally ignored and cold-shouldered by Mel C. I was merely releaved by the figure because I didn't want to work at all. I stated my gorzean, anti-work attitude in order to stop my mind being carried out with fantasies of making babies with the cute lecturer... The argument begun...