An action movie in which a bomb squad retiree becomes a terrorist himself, and it's up to Keanu Reeves to stop him.
The main features include:
- A Santa Monica city bus which must remain above 50 mph to prevent the bomb onboard from blowing up.
- and thus.... A high-speed trip through the freeways of Los Angeles, which are remarkably clear when compared to real life.
- Said bus making a leap across an unfinished section of freeway.
- A bus to bus transfer at LAX, which send the bus with an active bomb careening into a cargo plane (huge explosion).
- Not 1, but 2 exploding buses
- The derailing of a Red Line MTA subway train in Downtown, which skids down several streets (and more civic property damage).
I don't know about lame... it's not exactly high-brow, but what action movie is? It's a good film to watch when you have nothing else to do. If you can suspend disbelief, it's even better.