The Lesson is also a term in drinking circles that refers to particularly bad drinking episodes. They are in theory supposed to teach you about your limits, but most of the time they are just stories about drunken sots. Often The Lesson revolves around Tequila, or Mad Dog 20/20. Other notable lessons include:
- Mixing types of alcohol
- Keeping up with friends who are twice your size or serious booze hounds
- Involuntarily being roped into helping a drunk friend.
- Tequila (important enough to note in more than one place)
- Drinking on an empty stomach
- Not drinking enough water before passing out
- Picking up person/persons of like/unlike sex while under the influence
These types of lessons are notable in that normally no one learns from them.