Wow... Taking a breather to node a node. Been in crunch mode working on a game for the past 6 weeks... Actually, it's been longer, but there was a time when crunch only meant 6 days a week, ten hours a day. Now, it means 6 days a week, from 10:00 in the morning, to 12:00 at night at earliest. And a few hours on Sunday, too. Things will probably get worse in the next two weeks. Insane... Bad timing too. My Son (born last November) hasn't been sleeping well, and my wife can't cope with the lack of sleep dealing with his one hour asleep, two hours awake schedule. I can't help her much, either, since I'm collapsing at the end of the day. So about six weeks ago, when we saw things were only going to get worse, she went off to go stay with our extended families. Was this a good idea? I don't know. She was falling apart from lack of sleep. I couldn't help her. We were on the fast track to being separated anyway. Things will be back to normal (knock on wood) in two-four weeks, and she'll fly back. I miss her terribly, but I'm afraid of whether or not our relationship has been somewhat damaged.

On the bright side, the game is awesome. I'm doing what I always wanted to do. My wife is very understanding, but having an incredibly rough time of her own, as well as suffering from a moderately bad depression. Somebody slow down this rollercoaster. It's going way too fast. So many lows and so many highs... I remember when my life was pretty evenly paced. It kills me that I can't support her more right now... But I know if I gave this up right now. I mean, this has always been my dream. I'd never get over it. It's been really hard. But we're almost there now...

Wish I was going home to my wife tonight.