What is the best part of a black and white meal? The black and white dessert of course! This recipe will make your mouth sizzle and make salvia come out for more! I tried this recipe when I was in college. I use to experiment with different types of recipes, finding them in old cook books or even magazines. After I learned how to cook, my love life would go up.

So what will you need to make it?

    For the macaroon shell:
    2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 large egg whites
    1/3 cup sugar

    For the filling:
    2 large egg yolks
    2/3 cup heavy cream
    6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
    2 tablespoons rum
    6 ounces fine-quality white chocolate, chopped
    1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
    For the raspberry sauce:
    A 10-ounce package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed

How do you make it?

You have to make this desert in different parts. You have to be clean and very organized to put the whole things together.

First, you make the macron shell.

    Steps:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter gently the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square or 10-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom, line the bottom with parchment paper. and butter the paper.
  2. In a bowl toss together the coconut, the flour, and the salt. In another bowl, mix together the egg whites and the sugar until the mixture is white and foamy, stir the sugar mixture into the coconut mixture, and with a rubber spatula spread the mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
  3. Bake the shell in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it is firm and golden, loosen it from the sides of the pan with a small knife, and remove the sides of the pan. Let the shell cool completely on a rack, remove the bottom of the pan.
  4. Peeling off the paper from the botton of the shell, and put the shell on a platter.

Second, you make the filling.

    Steps:
  1. In a metal bowl mix together the egg yolks and the heavy cream, set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and cook the mixture mixing continuously, until it is thickened and registers 160 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
  2. Remove the bowl from the pan, add the bittersweet chocolate, stirring until the chocolate is melted, and stir in the rum.
  3. In another small metal bowl set over the pan of barely simmering water, melt the white chocolate, stirring, stir in the sour cream and stir the mixture until it is just smooth.
  4. Remove the bowl from the pan and let the white and dark chocolate mixtures cool off. Keep on stirring continuously .

Finally, you make the raspberry sauce.

    Steps:
  1. Put the raspberries through a fine sieve into a bowl pressing hard on the solids, scrape the pulp from the underside of the sieve into the sauce, and mix the sauce until it is combined all together. The sauce may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and refrigerated.
  2. Mix the chocolate mixtures into th macaroon shell, mixing them.
  3. Shake the platter softly to let the filling settle in the bottom of the bowl.
  4. Use the back of a knife through the chocolate mixtures to swirl them together. Refrigerate the tart, covered loose for 8 hours or until settles fully. The tart may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered and refrigerate.
  5. Arrange slices of the tart on each of dessert plates and pour some of the raspberry sauce around it.

Counting calories?

    Per serving: 374 Calories; 25g Fat (58% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 87mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium
After all your hard work is done, bon appetite!
Submitted for Recipe Quest: Black and White Food--- alphabetised recipes/ categorised recipes