A programming language
that looks a lot like COBOL
. Make that a 20 year old version of COBOL. It is derived from PL/B
which is in turn derived from DATABUS
which is in turn derived from dirt
Some prime features of DB/C:
- Extremely annoying commenting semantics
- CASE INSENSITIVE CODE THAT LOOKS UGLY
- Obscure, poorly named "Verbs" (functions)
- state variables instead of return values? please.
- No way to determine array lengths at run-time, thereby making arrays nearly un-usable
- No formal arugment passing mechanism to "function calls"
- No variable scoping
- No garbage collection
- An array is your most complex data structure (and it can only be 3 dimensional at best)
More positive things could be said about DB/C if professional programmers could bear to code in it for more than 15 minutes without bashing their faces repeatedly against blunt objects until unconcious