I was wondering around E2 and read Pseudo_Intellectual's, Universal Dirty Old Man Constant node, where he (I presume) stated, "There is no Universal Dirty Old Woman Constant because, so far as I can tell, society very much wants me to believe that there is either no such thing as a Dirty Old Woman.." That reminded me of an interesting story I read.

Every year conservative columnist John Leo does a story on the years double standards, and this year (U.S. News and World Report - 6/26/00) he mentioned a story out of Georgetown University:

"Nowadays feminists detect dangerous pro-rape attitudes in jokes, complimentary remarks, and even glances, but the statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl in a popular feminist show has passed almost without comment. The show is The Vagina Monologues, and the reason for the absence of criticism is that the show's fictional perpetrator was a lesbian, age 24. So the all-female rape is described by the victim as "a good rape."(My italics) No word yet from feminist theorists on this new distinction between good rapes and bad. "Why is rape only wrong when a man commits it?" wondered the new conservative columnist at the Hoya, Georgetown University's student newspaper. This is a perilous thing to wonder at a politically correct encampment like Georgetown. His column was killed, and he was fired."
Granted it is only a show, but the columnist asked a probing question, and lost his job in a knee-jerk reaction. Why?