First daylog in a while, but I need to put this down so I can evaluate my thoughts.

I got a call from my aunt yesterday, though I was sleeping when she called. She left a message saying she'd call back later. Listening to the message, I could detect a touch of something in her voice that was a little "off", but couldn't put my finger on it.

I talked to my brother this morning, and found out she had called him too. This was definitely out of the ordinary, as she rarely calls either of us - let alone both of us. I definitely got the impression something might be wrong, but I didn't dismiss the thought that maybe she needed help with the computer.

I called her this morning, and she laid down two bad news bombs on me. First, she told me that she talked to my Dad yesterday, and he didn't sound good at all. He was short of breath, and he thought he might have pneumonia. As stubborn as he is, he didn't want to go to the emergency room. Finally, he supposedly agreed to go. I don't know his current condition.

Then she told me my great Uncle Carlo died yesterday. Apparently he got smacked pretty hard by a taxi cab, and never regained consciousness. The last time I saw him, I was very young. He never failed to send me a Christmas card every year, though. I've been planning to go to New York this year, and I was looking forward to seeing him and my grandmother for the first time in a long time. Chalk up this one under "TEH SUX". Not only am I sad about my great uncle's death, I'm also worried about my Dad.

So long, Uncle Carly. Dad, stop being so goddamned stubborn.