Walloper is British slang for policeman. The source is from the standard-issue weapon for the English bobby, the truncheon, and the walloping that he can give you with it.

The term is in pretty common usage throughout the middle and lower classes in England, and in former British colonies such as Australia.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.