If It Can Be Pierced, Someone Will Pierce It

That's right folks, you can now get that dangly bit at the back of your throat run through with a needle. If you have a sensitive gag reflex, this piercing is definitely not for you — you'll be gagging constantly.

The problems with this piercing are all involved with how hard it is to reach. First, the piercer has a hell of a time getting zer hands on the damn thing to pierce it, not to mention putting the jewelry it. Cleaning it is basically out of the question, unless you have some af those super-long Q-tips from the doctor's office.

But here's the kicker: you're probably gonna lose that weird piercing anyway in a month. The majority of them come out pretty quickly, so you're probably going to swallow the metal after a month or so. Not fun to fish out of the toilet bowl.

The piercing also is a good spot for a nasty infection to have fun with your upper throat.

If you're set on getting one of those, find yourself a professional piercer who's pierced a few uvulas before. There are a couple aspects to the piercing which never are present in other piercings (i.e. dropping the needle down the piercee's throat), so you don't wanna be someone's guinea pig.

(This is not to be confused with a vulva piercing, which is also done.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.