I dream of lithe fingers and waifish you, I dream of erstwhile moments and how you looked, precariously poised on the rag outside your door as I smoked, I dream of cricket blessed nights and your tiny hands. I ponder the temporal order and sometimes I am thrown to despair, other times I swell with hope. You are always on my mind, but never gratingly so, you are like a pinprick of light that shimmers but never falters. So I shall lavish in my misery and wrestle the days as men do straws. I have consigned myself to an eternity of ponderous waiting. In this interim period, I will be too feverishly impoverished of You to notice any women, I will temper the sensuous pleasures of psychotropic mindfuckery, for all I have of you are memories. I wait, but not without the immediacy of action. I wait, and regress into the flickering cinema of memory, all the celluloid of my mind knows is the mise en scene of you, me, slivers of light and breathing. I wait, I wait, for the inevitable denouement of You, again. I will not scarper from this torpor until You, again.

I used to think of love as shackles, despair and the gnashing of teeth, I wanted nothing to do with it, until the incongruity of you came along.

What have you gone and done..

love,
christopher

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.