A device needed by UK blokes (or people from any other ~220V country) when they buy a an imported games console that doesn't use an external transformer (pretty much all of them these days). Turns the 240V mains supply into a 110V supply that the console can use. Also used by early adopters of consumer electronics goods I'd imagine.

A solution to one of the many problems associated with getting stuff the same time as everyone else in the world.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.