Film Terminology: rushes
In the world of film-making, "rushes" are working-prints of a film which are made for the film editor to use instead of the original, (the negative).

They're called "rushes" because they can be quickly created by the film lab, (no colour-matching necessary, etc), and rushed to the film editor where he can review the product of the day's shooting with the director. Use of such work-prints also removes risk of damage to the negative whilst a rough cut is assembled.

Rushes are sometimes referred to as "dailies".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.