A device which can blank all media where it is put, usually by use of EM pulse. A nuclear bomb will do this, but that's a bit of overkill.

method of defeating the opponent in a debate consisting of throwing so many illogical statements at them that they give up in a fit of anger.

locked up = L = logical

logic bomb n.

Code surreptitiously inserted into an application or OS that causes it to perform some destructive or security-compromising activity whenever specified conditions are met. Compare back door.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Swedish psytrance. Ooh yeah.

Logic Bomb (I have also seen this spelt as "Logix Bomb") is Johan Krafft and Jonas Pettersson, who formed the group in 1998. They have so far released three psytrance albums: Headware (2000), Unlimited (2002), and their newest effort Sonic Algebra (2007). Like a lot of psytrance, they sample lines from films and TV for their tracks. Notably, they also remixed "A Major Problem In Australia" by Danish group KoxBox.

Their name comes from a malicious piece of software that is designed to "explode" given certain conditions are met, such as a date, or the removal of a record (i.e. a disgruntled employee plants a logic bomb which activates when his employee file is removed from the database). Many large-scale logic bombs are found before they are triggered - see here for some of them.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.