A fat cap, also known as a New York fat cap in honor of the first writers to use them, is a wide-angle replacement tip for spray paint cans. Fat caps expel a large volume of paint from the can at a high speed. Graffiti writers use them to fill in large areas of color quickly, and do really big tags.

Fat caps are white, with a slightly recessed black nozzle. They produce little overspray when controlled properly, and can be used with Krylon paint, as well as several "off" brands of spray paint.

Also see: German fat cap, NY thin, Rusto fat cap.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.