Eiderdown is used generally as the top layer of bed clothing, placed on top of the sheets and blankets. Generally a cotton casing filled with down (hence the name), but are often just squishy polycotton.

Known in Australia as a doona. No, seriously, don't ask.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.