Connect is a British Trades Union and was previously known as The Society of Telecom Executives until it changed its name in 2000. It now describes itself as "the union for professionals in communications" but is basically the union for management grade staff working in the telecommunications industry either for British Telecom or one of its many competitors.

Con*nect" (?), v. t. [imp. & p.p. Connected; p.pr. & vb.n. Connecting>.] [L. connectere, -nexum; con- + nectere to bind. See Annex.]

1.

To join, or fasten together, as by something intervening; to associate; to combine; to unite or link together; to establish a bond or relation between.

He fills, he bounds, connect and equals all. Pope.

A man must the connection of each intermediate idea with those that it connects before he can use it in a syllogism. Locke.

2.

To associate (a person or thing, or one's self) with another person, thing, business, or affair.

Connecting rod Mach., a rod or bar joined to, and connecting, two or more moving parts; esp. a rod connecting a crank wrist with a beam, crosshead, piston rod, or piston, as in a steam engine.

 

© Webster 1913.


Con*nect" (?), v. i.

To join, unite, or cohere; to have a close relation; as, one line of railroad connects with another; one argument connect with another.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.