(of a metric space:) having the property that every Cauchy sequence converges.

Com"plete" (?), a. [L. completus, p. p. of complere to fill. See Full, a., and cf. Comply, Compline.]

1.

Filled up; with no part or element lacking; free from deficienty; entire; perfect; consummate.

"Complete perfections."

Milton.

Ye are complete in him. Col. ii. 10.

That thou, dead corse, again in complete steel Revesit'st thus the glimpses of the moon. Shak.

2.

Finished; ended; concluded; completed; as, the edifice is complete.

This course of vanity almost complete. Prior.

3. Bot.

Having all the parts or organs which belong to it or to the typical form; having calyx, corolla, stamens, and pistil.

Syn. -- See Whole.

 

© Webster 1913.


Com*plete", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Completed; p. pr. & vb. n. Completing.]

To bring to a state in which there is no deficiency; to perfect; to consummate; to accomplish; to fulfill; to finish; as, to complete a task, or a poem; to complete a course of education.

Bred only and completed to the taste Of lustful appetence. Milton.

And, to complete her bliss, a fool for mate. Pope.

Syn. -- To perform; execute; terminate; conclude; finish; end; fill up; achieve; realize; effect; consummate; accomplish; effectuate; fulfill; bring to pass.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.