Father, Mother, and Me
Sister and Auntie say
All the people like us are We,
And every one else is They.
And They live over the sea,
While We live over the way,
But - would you believe it?
- They look upon We
As only a sort of They!

Rudyard Kipling, "We and They"


Community unity, Directive A2S3, is an initiative by the Department of Alignment currently being developed in association with the Department of They. Insomuch that "cultures should not engage in mutual wars," the initiative is seen by many as a regurgitation of the New World Order propaganda literature of the 1990s.

With such slogans as Appropriate, Appropriate, Appropriate! and Defenestrate Heritage! and We Are One!, it is difficult to not believe the alternative theory that it is a poorly conceived Operation Mindfuck, hastily put together and broadcast by a person insecure in their social justice activities. It is also understood that these separate theories are not mutually exclusive. One nagging question remains however: Behind whom, or what, do we unify?

Either way, it should be noted that absolutely no facts were harmed and no research conducted in the writing of this node for LieQuest 2024: A Lie Quest of Mythologically Discordian Proportions, and that community unity is not to be confused with The Unity Community.

Moral qualms seem to explain a preference for impersonal enforcement.

Apologies to any in need of them.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.