Let me state that I’m not that comfortable or familiar with the subject that I’m trying to tackle. I’ve haven’t known any women or, for that matter, men, who admit to the use of ben-wa balls nor do I have any first hand experience with their use. Any users who wish to comment on their own use is free to do so in the form of their own write up or I’ll post your comments at the end of this w/u.

That being said,…

History

Estimates vary on the origin of ben-wa balls and how long they been in use. Some people claim that they were first discovered in either China or Japan in the 1600’s while others claims they’ve been around since approximately 500 AD. If you ask me, that’s pretty wide date range and if I had to hazard a guess I’d say they probably appeared somewhere in the middle.

What are they?

Ben-wa balls are usually made of some type of metal and are about the size of your average everyday marble. Often times they are attached to each other by a string. They are usually hollow and might contain a tiny weight inside of them. I honestly don’t know what the weight is for so if any of you “enlightened “ readers care to chime in feel free to do so.

What are they used for?

For the ladies in the house, ben- wa balls are primarily used to enhance sexual stimulation. They are also used to strengthen the vaginal muscles that might have been stretched during the act of childbirth. While inserted in the vagina women are forced to use their pelvic muscles in order to hold them in. The only comparison I can make is that of kegel exercises used by women after pregnancy to tighten up those loose ends.

Ben –wa balls are also used by women to help with any bladder control problems or urinary incontinence.

For the male of the species, I guess you insert them in your anus. After that, I don’t have a clue as to what sexual or health benefits they might have. Personally, I don’t even want to guess.

Some things to consider

Contrary to popular belief, the use of ben-wa balls is not going to get you to the Promised Land any sooner. They’re merely used for stimulation of the vaginal walls and don’t come into contact with any magic buttons.

There’s also the possibility of a negative effect. If you’re using the balls during sex they may cause some extra stimulation of your partner’s penis and cause him to ejaculate sooner than intended leaving at least one of you disappointed.

Now it’s time to get down to the nitty gritty on how to use your ben-wa balls.

Where do I lay my hands on some ben-wa balls?

Any self respecting adult store that specializes in sex toys will probably carry ben- wa balls. For any of you first timers out there, it’s recommended that you purchase plastic ones or ones that are larger than the standard marble size until you get your vaginal muscles in shape. Metal ones are harder to hold in and just like any athlete it takes practice and conditioning to get your muscles to respond how you’d like them to. Depending on your taste and finances you can expected to pay as little as $9.95 for a starter set an work yourself up from there.

How do I use my ben-wa balls?

First, take a nice long piss to empty your bladder. This will make it easier for you to hold them in.

Next, insert one ball at a time into the vagina and squeeze your vaginal muscles in order to hold them in. You can keep them in as long as you like.

Where did my balls go?

In order to remove the ben-wa balls you can either pull them out via the string or fish them out one at a time. If at first you can’t find them, please don’t panic, they haven’t gone anywhere. Try moving around or forcing yourself to cough and eventually they’ll show up.

Word to the wise

For the novice ben-wa ball wearer, it’s recommended that you use them in the privacy of your own home. This is to avoid any embarrassing situations such as sneezing in the grocery line and having to explain to your fellow customers what that little marble was that just fell through your crotch. After you're more comfortable wearing them and your muscles become stronger you can wear them just about anywhere you want and leave people wondering why you always seem to have that certain smile on your face.

Source(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Wa_balls
http://www.benwaballs.net/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.