An obscure C64 and Amiga demo scene group from Finland.

Axion, also known as Axion 1999 was formed as a C64 team in 1988 when Hacker Trick Group, CST and Point-X merged together. The three groups had a reputation of being rather lame, and to top it off the new team reportedly boasted to be the number one group from the start. Naturally, Axion didn't receive a very warm welcome from the Finnish "elite".

Lame or not, Axion was also active on Amiga, although they only released a limited amount of small demos plus a packdisk series. Known members of the Amiga section include JJ (coder), Abigail (swapper), Monkey (musician from Denmark) and TMB (swapper). The most notable feature of Axion's 16 bit productions seems to have been Abigail's flame war against The Wicked of Bloodsuckers in scrolltexts. Abigail in general seems to have be the most despised member of his despised crew, as other groups apparently even formed "Federation against Abigail" at one point.

Eventually, becoming the mortal enemy of the entire Finnish scene killed off Axion in 1989. TMB (aka Sami Salonen) joined Byterapers, but the fate of other members is unknown to this noder. Except for the coder JJ (aka Jukka Jäkälä), who programmed a well-known shareware game Rally Sport for PC years later.

Amiga Scene Groups

Sources:
Axion & Byterapers productions
http://www.byterapers.com/

Axions are theoretical elementary particles first proposed by Peccei-Quinn theory in 1977 to resolve Charge-Parity Violation in Quantum Chromodynamics. They were named after a brand of detergent, because the problems with QCD were supposed to have been 'cleaned up'. Several experimental searches have been done for axions, with at least one claiming positive results. Their existence is currently unestablished.

Axions are supposed to have extremely low mass, no electrical charge, and low interaction cross-sections for the strong and weak interactions. They are supposed to transform to and from photons in the presence of strong magnetic fields, which has formed the basis of detection experiments.

If they exist, axions are supposed to have been created in enormous quantities during the big bang, and thus primordial axions provide one possible explanation for dark matter.

Sources:
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/24507
http://cast.web.cern.ch/CAST/
http://www.newscientist.com/channel/fundamentals/dn11041-lastgasp-test-could-reveal-dark-matter.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.