1 kg of gravy beef , or osso bucco (or chicken)
Half an onion, sliced
4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
4 tomatoes, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Fill pressure cooker with water until it is about one third full and boil it.
2. When the water is almost boiling, put beef (or chicken) in.
3. Put in the onion, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes.
4. Add half a teaspoon of salt and sprinkle some pepper.
5. Put on the pressure cooker lid, twist it into lock position and turn the knob to number 2.
6. When the weighted stopper is lifted by the steam pressure, continue to boil for 10 minutes.
7. Let out the pressure by turning to the knob to the steam symbol until the weighted stopper drops.
8. Serve with rice. Serves 2.
This is a very simple recipe (thats probably why its called ABC soup),can be done in about half an hour and yet taste wholesome.