Heroes of Daniel Pinkwater's book Young Adults, the Ducks are a group of Dadaists trying to survive life in the hideously conformist world of high school. They are:
  • Charles the Cat
  • The Honorable Venustiano Carranza (President of Mexico)
  • Captain Colossal
  • Igor
  • The Indiana Zephyr

The Wild Dada Duck Manifesto

On this, the natal day of Marcel Duchamp (the first Tuesday of every month at 4:00 P.M.), the Board of Medical Advisors of the Empire of Japan declares that the institution formerly known as Margaret Himmler High School will henceforth become the Municipal Vacuum Cleaner. Teachers will report for reprocessing as diesel railroad locomotives, and students will adopt the appearance and function of electrocomputerized kitchen appliances. Those who choose not to comply with the ruling of the Imperial Medical Board will be required to present a paper cup not filled with cherry pits or gravel at the office of the ex-administrator of unexpected nasal events. All others will be required to present paper cups not filled with cherry pits or gravel at the nose of the official administrator of ex-events. By this simple measure, world peace, brotherhood, and unlimited happiness has been secured for all mechanohumanoids.

Fellow machines! Dis-unite! This call to arms, torsos, and feet will not be repeated except by request.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.