A sweet dessert or breakfast dish, traditional to the Philippines. it's absolutely wonderfully yummy. my favourite dessert.
enough oil for deep frying
8 egg roll (for chewier) or lumpia (for crispier) wrappers
4 ripe bananas
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Slice bananas in half lenghtwise.
- Wrap bananas and some brown sugar in the wrappers. You can seal the wrapper using water and pasting it shut.
- Fry the turon until the wrapper turns golden.
- Place turons on a plate to cool (don't use paper towels, they'll stick).
- Serve hot. excellent when served with icy cold milk.