Today I was left alone in the house, and had to come up with my own dinner. After eating it, and enjoying it, I decided I will share it with the world, or at least E2. Here goes:

Ingredients

  • 2 halved chicken breasts(one half per person)
  • broccoli
  • pasta, your choice, but I find tagliatelli works well, about one handful.
  • Lettuce, Water cress, Arugula, in equal amounts. I recommend about altogether one cup slightly compressed. You may, however wish to get more, as you they will preserve for a couple of days, and a good salad is always a tasty addition to any meal.
  • a basil pesto. You can make your own but it's a chore.
  • garlic, a couple of cloves should do
  • rosemary; about a tablespoon or two.
  • Hot sauce. I like trappeys bull, but you can pick your favorite, not too strong mind you.
  • salt, pepper and a good mustard. Not any of that yellow crap. Try a good creole or dijon mustard.
  • Olive oil, and lots of it

So step one: Marinate your chicken; take your halves and place them in a bowl. Douse in hot sauce(about 2-4 table spoons). Throw the rosemary on and massage it in. Cut up about three cloves of garlic, and throw them on. After that pour some olive oil on. Give the hole thing a nice pretty forceful manual stirring. There should be a small puddle of fluid at the bottom. Wait a couple of hours.

First step is to brown the chicken. Just warm a pan, with olive oil in it. Once it gets hot, put the chicken in, turning over periodically. While your doing this preheat your oven you do have an oven right? When the chicken is ready, put it in the oven, and set the timer to 'bout a half hour.

Start a pot of water boiling on the stove. When it comes to a boil put some salt(to your taste) in and add the pasta. Put a vented flat metal thing over it and place the broccoli on that. This will cook the broccoli nicely.(Gotta love steaming). After he pasta is ready, strain it, and set it and the broccoli aside. Now add about 2 tablespoons of Vinegar, 4 of olive oil, and 1/2 a teaspoon each of salt and black pepper into a small vessel of some kind. pour this on your rinsed and dried greens, and you should be ready to go. Put the pesto on the pasta, and enjoy. Serve with beverage of your choice.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.