No, not those buns, you sicko.
This is a simple recipe, can be done in about two hours, and much of it is waiting, so you can perhaps watch a good movie, or fix yourself a couple of Martinis.
- 1 Kg white flour (not Gluten free)
- 2 cups of milk (3% fat is okay)
- 25 gr dry yeast
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 gr of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt (you do not need to heap it, a flat teaspoon full is enough)
- 1/2 cup of raisins (brown ones, and preferably ones that are for cooking)
- Mix flour and yeast, add sugar, egg, milk and butter, and mix in a food processor for about 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and continue to mix until the dough is smooth. Add the raisins, knead lightly (only enough to spread the raisins evenly in the dough), and let the dough sit for 15 minutes.
- Split the dough to bun size chunks, roll until round, and let it sit and rise for about another 50 minutes. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius for about 30 minutes.