A simple vegetable fried rice dish traditional to the Philippines.
1 1/2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 cup of cold cooked rice (leftover works well)
1 small onion -- sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic -- chopped finely
1 small piece ginger -- chopped finely
1/2 c peas (frozen work well)
1 Tbs soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok.
- Add garlic and saute until light brown.
- Add onions and ginger. Fry until onions are translucent, around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peas, fry for around 2 minutes, then add the rice, salt and pepper. Fry for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir to distribute through the rice.
- Serve hot.