Scott "Bak" Bakula inherited his interest in music from his parents. He started a rock band in the fourth grade, wrote some songs and sang with the St. Louis Symphony, but went on to study Law at the University of Kansas.

In 1978 he moved to New York to play the part of Sam in SHENANDOAH. He then did some small roles in TV series and played in the Musical Romance/Romance, but left the show to play Sam Beckett in Quantum Leap.

He was nominated for a Tony Award for his role in Romance/Romance. Won the Golden Globe for "Best Performance by an Actor in a TV-Series" in 1992. He also won the Q Award for "Best Actor in a Quality Drama Series" in 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 for his part in Quantum Leap and the Q Award for "Specialty Player" for his role in Murphy Brown.

Bakula played the lead role in the pilot episode of Late Boomers, but signed on for the role of Captain Jonathan Archer in the new Star Trek series Enterprise.

He was married in 1981 to Krista Neumann and had a daughter named Chelsy in 1985. He divorced in 1995, but remarried in 1996 and has 2 sons named Cody and Wil.

He appeared on the cover of the March 1995 edition of Playboy and in the interview stated that he doesn't have a problem with doing a nude scene.

His last name is Indian.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.