Back to the Dim Sum metanode
Not a cake, this is more like a dumpling. I dip it in light soy sauce. Makes a very nice appetizer. Scallions have a very fine flavor. For a fried dish, it is very healthy and light.
- Put flour on board. Make a well in the center. Add water. Mix into soft, smooth dough. Divide into 2 portions.
- Roll each portion very thin.
- Brush each with 1 tablespoon Crisco. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Spread half the scallions evenly on each sheet.
- Roll like a jelly roll.
- Then coil it. Flatten with rolling pin until it is 7 inches in diameter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Fry cake over medium heat 2 minutes on each side. Repeat.
- Cut each into 8 portions and serve.