REXBURG - "It was just a running change made, without the feedback of the people of America. They just changed the policy without contacting anyone in advance," said Randy Clements, who reloads brass.

A change that meant anyone who bought used brass shells from the United States military, couldn't recycle the shells for civilian guns. Instead they would have to destroy them, or melt them down for other use. Obviously a large value loss.

"We need the brass, and the bullets, and the primer and the powder," said Jerry Sinkovec, a gun expert and teacher.

Without one of those ingredients, the constitutional right to bear arms would be affected.

Sinkovec continued, "Because of the constitution, we should always have the right to keep them and bear them."

Recycled brass is about 1/10th the cost of non-recycled, and when you're shooting out on the range, that's going to save you a lot of money. Making a ziplock bag of shells $40 dollars instead of $400. After tens of thousands of people contacted legislators, the new law was reversed making it again legal to reload your gun with military-used shells.

"The people spoke, and they actually listened, it was incredible, it just happened in a few days," said Clements. So I asked him, "Does it prove Glenn Beck is right, we're not alone?"

Clements answered, "Absolutely. We are not alone, there were tens of thousands of people that stood up for this one little issue."


This is a news article slightly modified from its original airing on an Idaho TV station. To view it, click: http://www.kidk.com/news/41606682.html

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.