Record Label which specializes in "extreme music", typically grindcore, death metal, and a smattering of stoner rock. They also undertake a few "I can't quite classify them" bands like Neurosis and Today is the Day. According to the offical biography on their website, the company was founded in 1990, "with the singular intent of releasing high quality extreme music with professional packaging and design in an effort to proliferate the cultural decline in America and beyond."

They have had a fairly consistant output, and have introduced some of the bigger names in underground metal to the general population, and their records are fairly well distributed (almost any independent record store will have a release or two by them.)

They also operate a small imprint, Release, which is dedicated to more experimental, noise oriented projects.

Re*lapse" (r?-l?ps"), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Relapsed (-l?pst"); p. pr. & vb. n. Relapsing.] [L.relapsus, p. p. of relabi to slip back, to relapse; pref. re- re- + labi to fall, slip, slide. See Lapse.]

1.

To slip or slide back, in a literal sense; to turn back.

[Obs.]

Dryden.

2.

To slide or turn back into a former state or practice; to fall back from some condition attained; -- generally in a bad sense, as from a state of convalescence or amended condition; as, to relaps into a stupor, into vice, or into barbarism; -- sometimes in a good sense; as, to relapse into slumber after being disturbed.

That task performed, [preachers] relapse into themselves. Cowper.

3. Theol.

To fall from Christian faith into paganism, heresy, or unbelief; to backslide.

They enter into the justified state, and so continue all along, unless they relapse. Waterland.

 

© Webster 1913.


Re*lapse", n. [For sense 2 cf. F. relaps. See Relapse, v.]

1.

A sliding or falling back, especially into a former bad state, either of body or morals; backsliding; the state of having fallen back.

Alas! from what high hope to what relapse Unlooked for are we fallen! Milton.

2.

One who has relapsed, or fallen back, into error; a backlider; specifically, one who, after recanting error, returns to it again.

[Obs.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.