"EWWW! Starch and starch!" Don't deny it, you just thought it (or some variation thereof). But nay! There IS a way to make an awesome potato sandwich
, and I have decided to share this jealously guarded secret. ;) Here's the trick to the recipe
: it's all in the ingredients
- Bake or boil one potato. Any color will do, whatever kind you prefer. Reheating a previously-cooked tater is fine too.
- Slice the potato thin -- no thicker than the bread.
- Toast two slices of sourdough bread. It must be sourdough -- I cannot stress this enough! The more "sour," the better.
- Spread Best Foods mayonnaise on the toast. Not Miracle Whip. Blech.
- Liberally sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on the mayo'ed side of one slice of toast so it'll stick. Yes, the canned stuff is fine.
- Lay slices of potato over the cheese.
- Slap the other piece of bread on top.
Dang, now I want one...