A government sanction of a certain religious belief. And because there are multiple versions of the Ten Commandments, and nobody's ever talked about putting up all versions, it's also government sanction of a specific version.

A poorly veiled attempt to put religion in the schools even after it's been made clear that it is unconstitutional. If they were interested in a moral code, it would not be tough to create a secular one, but that is not being done. In one area, they didn't post the Ten Commandments, but their own code, and even that one had to mention God in it.

You can see exactly what it's all about if you try to convince them to put up a moral code from another religion. They'd completely refuse, showing that it's not about morals, but about Christianity in the schools.

At our school (and probably all of either the district or the state) they have removed many time honoured traditions, and forced the renaming of many clubs.

Junior and Senior Ladies are no more.
Girls League Dance is now Charity League Dance. (girls ask guys to a formal dance, so its not just to Sadies)
Muslim club renamed
Black Student Union renamed.
Jewish club gone.
One club remanes unscathed in all of the carnage.

Christians on Campus.


That is why posting the ten commandments in schools is hogwash. It is playing favourites. No one will go up against christianity though in the ranks, as they are afraid of looking heathen. Don't get me wrong, i love religious people, but if they are going to take away Girls league and the muslim club, they had damned well get rid of christians on campus.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.