As the sun shone we walked through the winding paths of Brighton. It was a cold and blustery day but in the nice bright way that a British winter can be. Quite warm if you manage to keep out of the shadows and out of the wind. Which in a seaside city is pretty difficult. But that’s where we were, and that’s where we’d come for a shopping trip. The scary scary world of consumerism. I managed to pick up some cd’s that I’d been looking for and spent far too much money on a pair of shoes. And found myself in a multitude of mildly embarrassing situations that were all entirely my own fault.

Managing to get my lighter caught in my glove and throwing it straight into a door was a particular highlight of the day. Even if no one in the shop cared, the fear that I could have smashed the door was simply too much to bare and I had to leave. Sheepish and with my head down.

Not as embarrassing as dropping books in Oxfam and the man behind the counter looking at me with open disdain. I’m sorry Oxfam man. I really truly am.

All in all a good day was had. And don’t go to the Oxfam bookshop in Brighton. There is a truly mean man living there.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.