(Hinduism, Vaishnavism)

Sri Nama-kirtana
by Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura

1) yashomati-nandana, 2) braja-baro-nagara,
3) gokula-rañjana kana
4) gopi-paran-dhana, 5) madana-manohara,
6) kaliya-daman-vidhana

7) amala harinam amiya-vilasa
8) vipina-purandara, 9) navina nagara-bora,
10) vamshi-vadana, 11) suvasa

12) braja-jana-palana, 13) asura-kula-nashana,
14) nanda-godhana-rakaoyala
15) govinda madhava, 16) navanita-taskara,
17) sundara nanda-gopala

18) yamuna-tat-cara, 19) gopi-vasana-hara,
20) rasa-rasika, 21) kripamoya
22) sri-radha-vallabha, 23) vrindavana-natabara,
24) bhakatavinod-ashraya


Lord Krishna is 1) the son of Mother Yashoda, 2) the greatest of all the inhabitants of Vraja, 3) the attractor of the people of Gokula, 4) the heart of the gopis, 5) the One who can attract even the mind of Cupid, 6) the destroyer of the Kaliya serpent demon. 7) Chanting the Lord's name is my pastime. Krishna is 8) He who plays in the garden groves, 9) the ever-new beauty of Vrindavana, 10) He who is always seen with His flute, 11) He who is an excellent dresser, 12) the protector of the inhabitants of Vraja, 13) the destroyer of the descendants of the asuras, 14) He who keeps and tends Maharaja Nanda's cows, 15) Govinda Madhava, 16) the butter thief, 17) the beautiful cowherd boy of Nanda Maharaja, 18) He who on the banks of the Yamuna 19) stole the garments of the gopis, 20) He who relishes the loving exchange of mellows [rasas], 21) He who is full of mercy, 22) the attractor of Radharani, 23) the best dancer of Vrindavana, 24) the shelter of Bhaktivinode Thakura.


Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.