Monash University

Educational institution, established in 1958 by an Act of Parliament, Monash University was the first university to be established in Victoria for 106 years. Intake of students began in 1961, with 363 students undertaking studies. Now, over 45,000 students undertake their studies at Monash, spread across eight campuses - six in Australia (Berwick, Caulfield, Clayton, Gippsland, Parkville, Peninsula) , one in Malaysia, and one in South Africa. Currently (2002), the Chancellor is Mr Jerry Ellis, and the Vice Chancellor and President was Professor David Robinson, up until 11 July 2002, when it was agreed that he should stand down from the position due to what might be called plagiarism. In this case, it was something to do with the non-acknowledgement of some research sources. Update: The new Vice-Chancellor and President has been appointed. As of the evening of 18 July 2002, Monash University Council has appointed Professor Peter Darvall as Vice-Chancellor and President of the university.

Facilities Provided -- all are available at the Clayton campus, most are provided at the other campuses. Random Bits Faculties and faculty colours at Monash Graduates of note
Sources
  • http://www.monash.edu.au

I'm still stuck here... well, not stuck, trying to finish ...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.