Sensual, voluptuous soliloquy at the end of the novel Ulysses by James Joyce.

The soliloquy is the only time in the novel where Molly's voice is heard. Its in the form of an interior monologue, an unpunctuated stream of consciousness sentence about 2500 words long. It begins and ends with the word 'yes'.

In it Molly expresses her exotic, dark, sexual, emotional desires. It is the climatic, feminine finish to a seminal work of literature.

An excerpt from Molly Bloom's soliloquy:

...theres the mark of his teeth still where he tried to bite the nipple I had to scream out arent they fearful trying to hurt you I had a great breast of milk with Milly enough for two what was the reason of that he said I could have got a pound a week as a wet nurse all swelled out the morning that delicate looking student that stopped in no 28 with the Citrons Penrose nearly caught me washing through the window only for I snapped up the towel to my face that was his studenting hurt me they used to weaning her till he got doctor Brady to give me the belladonna prescription I had to get him to suck them they were so hard he said it was sweeter and thicker than cows then he wanted to milk me into the tea well hes beyond everything I declare somebody ought to put him in the budget if I only could remember the half of the things and write a book out of it the works of Master Poldy yes and its so much smoother the skin much an hour he was at them Im sure by the clock like some kind of a big infant I had at me they want everything in their mouth all the pleasure those men get out of a woman I can feel his mouth O Lord I must stretch myself I wished he was here ...

Ulysses, James Joyce

The more famous final excerpt is noded here.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.