A chain of hotels in europe*.

I stayed at a Mister Bed in Nice and at first I was very dissapointed by the accomodations. It's not like the place was crawling with roaches or had horny French men making lewd comments towards me and my cronies...it was just....nice. All the hotels I had stayed at up to this time were unique. They weren't your ordinary American hotel (two beds, television, chairs, dresser, ac/heating unit) and I loved that. Of course, this one did vary from the American version in that it had uncensored movies that bordered on pornography at 3 in the afternoon.

But I loved the Mister Bed for one simple reason--the shower. Oh, yes! the shower...

I can't describe the anticipation that mounted in our hearts when we would encounter a new termporary place of residence. We learned to respect other cultures and their differences, but we learned to love their various ways of cleansing themselves. Would there be a shower curtain? Enough room to lift up my elbows and not get stuck? Gracious gods of bathroom accessories--a bidet?! But when we saw the Mister Bed, our hearts sank, for this was just another one of the things we had left behind in our own mudane country...

...but NO! This shower was the most miraculous contraption I have ever had the pleasure of showering in! The whole bathroom was the shower! Pardon my excitement, but it was the whole freakin' bathroom! There was just a nozzle on the wall and a drain on the floor and a giant circular enclosure of freedom, glorious freedom!

At first I was a little shy...there was no way to protect myself against intrusion. Then I found the shower curtain. I used it for awhile, but I was so imbued by the joy this room conveyed that I ripped it open and waltzed around the bathroom. I was dancing...and taking a shower! On the toilet...and taking a shower! Shaving my legs on the other side of the room...and taking a shower! This was heaven...

We only stayed in the Mister Bed one night. I wanted to take that shower with me everywhere. I dream of the day when I can install a larger-than-life replica of that shower.

Stay in the Mister Bed if you get a chance. Take a shower...and dance!

*AFAIK...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.