Doctor Who - The New Series

Margaret Blaine

Played by: Annette Badland (2005 only)

Real Name: Blon Fel Fotch Pasameer-Day Slitheen.

Age: Unknown; Margaret Blaine was approx. 40 in 2006.

Occupation: (as Margaret Blaine) Director of MI5, later mayor of Cardiff; (as Blon Fel Fotch) entrepreneur.

Doctor: The Ninth Doctor.

Season One Margaret Blaine isn't actually Margaret Blaine at all. Confused? The real Margaret Blaine of MI5 was killed by an alien named Blon Fel Fotch Pasameer-Day Slitheen, who skinned her and wore her flesh as a suit. The alien's family did the same, replacing several important civil servants and Members of Parliament as part of a plot to get hold of Britain's nuclear arsenal. Their plan was foiled when Jackie and Mickey, with the help of the Doctor, Rose and Harriet Jones (MP for Flydale North), blew them up.

Whilst the rest of her family died in the explosion, "Margaret" was able to trigger a teleportation beam, which transported her out at the last second. Unbeknownst to the Doctor, she fled to Wales, where she became the mayor of Cardiff. Here she hatched a plot to escape the confines of the planet by detonating a nuclear power plant over a Rift in space and time hoping to ride the shockwaves of the explosion out into the galaxy.

Unsurprisingly, her plan was foiled by the Doctor, Rose, Mickey and Jack Harkness, who took her prisoner with the intention of taking her back to her home planet, Raxacoricofallapatorius. There she would be executed for her crimes. However, she engineered an escape plan which ended with her looking into the heart of the TARDIS. The power within the machine transformed her into an egg, which the Doctor then took to her homeworld, thus giving her the chance to begin anew.

In her human form, "Margaret" is a chubby woman of average height, with blonde hair and sensible clothes. Outside of her flesh suit, however, she is a seven-foot-tall, bright green alien with enormous, deadly claws that she uses to kill and skin her victims. Her face is babylike, although she has sharp teeth and enormous black eyes. She looks identical to all other members of her species and like them she wears an electronic collar which uses gases to compress her body so that she can fit into her victims' skins. Unfortunately, these collars have the unintended effect of creating a build up of gas which can only be lifted by breaking wind.

"Margaret's" whereabouts are unknown, although she may return at some point in the future.

Appearances First season: Appears in 1.04, "Aliens of London"; 1.05, "World War Three" and 1.11, "Boom Town".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.