I first had lobster bisque
a couple of years ago in Boston
. My mother has made it every so often since, and it's something to look forward to.
2 tablespoons small seed tapioca
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon minced onion
3 cups (~750 mL) milk
1 cup (~250 mL) cream
1 1/2 cups cooked lobster meat
2 tablespoons (40 g) butter or margarine
2 tablespoons sherry or brandy
1. In the top of a double boiler, mix the tapioca, salt, pepper, paprika, onion, milk, and cream.
2. Put over rapidly boiling water and cook for 15 minutes or until tapioca is soft. Stir constantly.
3. Add lobster and butter or margarine, blending well.
4. Reduce heat until water is simmering.
5. When lobster is heated through, add sherry or brandy and serve immediately.