Seriously!

I mean, when I pour myself a bowl of cereal with the little marshmallow bits, I start attacking the marshmallows even before I add the milk. Then after I pour on some milk, I spend a lot of my time just fishing with my spoon through the bowl, trying to catch the marshmallows.

Then in the end, I'm left with a goofy grin and a bowl of plain cereal.

Now I don't want to eat that cereal, but I don't believe in wasting it, either. So I eat it anyway. See, now if they made a breakfast food comprised of JUST those little marshmallows, I'd be one happy camper. I wouldn't even add milk - just eat them like popcorn.

I suspect it would be about .00081% nutritional value, but I don't give a shit. Parents would, though, because their kids would turn into home-bound ICBMs.

Maybe I'll just buy four or five boxes of marshmallow cereal, take out the marshmallows, and give the cereal away. Yeah!

Cereal marshmallows are different than normal marshmallows in that ceral marshmallows are hard, whereas normal marshmallows aren't. The reason for the difference is that cereal marshmallows have had all their moisture sucked out of them, probably through a freeze-drying process, so that they won't go rancid on the store shelves.

Cereal marshmallows taste better for breakfast than normal marshmallows.

So here is a recipe for cereal marshmallows. (Remember, good things come to those who wait.)

  1. Acquire a bag of mini marshmallows
  2. Eat some of the mini marshmallows
  3. Put the rest of them in an extra-cold freezer for a week
  4. Then keep them in a cool, dry place (such as a pantry) for another week
Not exactly a commercial freeze-drying process, but the end result is more or less the same, for marshmallows anyway. For quicker results, you can always just submerge the mini marshmallows in something very cold, such as liquid nitrogen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.