A seminal hard core Punk band. pre "Thrash". Stands for Grevious Bodily Harm. Frequently losely associated with Minor Threat (probably one of the first Straight Edge punk bands, Black Flag, and the Circle Jerks.

They were the best catharsis/outlet for all the energy we had (in the late 80s). Not that anyone gives a monkey's ass but we lived in the suburbs, and on the weekends would drive to the far west side of town where development abruptly truncated. There was dirt, brush, and wild boars beyond, and that's where we built bonfires and skanked around the fire all night (like moshing, only...different). Anyway, we played Leather, Bristles, No Survivors, and Sick Boys, because it was the best album to skank to. That was a beautiful story, wasn't it?
I'll have to follow this one up with something Pedro-ish

(a selective) discography:
- Leather, Bristles, Studs, and Acne (1981)
- Sick Boy (1982)
- No Survivors (1982)
- City Baby Attacked By Rats (1982)
- Leather, Bristles, Sick Boys, No Survivors this was a compilation of earlier stuff, but with lyrics (1984)
- City Baby's Revenge (1984) - Punk Junkies (1988?)

Within the English legal system there are a variety of categories of assault: one of the more serious is classed in legal terms as "Grievous Bodily Harm". Lesser charges include actual bodily harm and assault, although charges are often combined.

To be convicted of an assault occasioning GBH it would be expected that the victim suffered "serious" injury: that is, something which drew blood or resulted in broken bones, although the Law leaves something to a judge or magistrate's discretion.

An important test case occurred in 1994 when a man who had been stalking a woman was convicted of GBH due to the mental distress he'd caused her. Until that case there was no provision in English Law for mental injury to fall under the same jurisdictions as bodily injury.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.