An opensource Everquest
that runs under Linux and Windows.
Open FreeQuest Servers
Note: FreeQuest Servers are often up and down on a whim
To play on a Freequest server you must...
1. Find a server that is up.
2. Have the owner create an account for you
3. Delete eqmain.dll from your everquest directory
4. Overwrite eqgame.exe with an older version that is floating around on irc.
5. Download eqw and extarct it un your everquest directory.
6. Run eqw, specify the server ip, username, password.
7. Create a character and play as normal...err kinda.
Freequest Does Have:
Simple Combat and NPCS
Memorizing Spells (No Spell Effects, Testing Only)
Freequest Does Not Have:
The newest version is available at http://eqw.eqhackers.com
An older version you might try if you have problems is at http://eqhackersrealm.cjb.net.Note: EQW must be run with 16 bit (256) color.
Get Old EQGame.exe
Freequest Without EQW
Simply run everquest from the commandline by running eqgame patchme