Eddie Timanus is the world's only blind 5-time Jeopardy champion. He was born in Kansas in 1969 and grew up in Northern Virginia. He attended South Lakes High School in Reston, VA and graduated to attend Wake Forest University in North Carolina. He had long dreamed of becoming involved in the world of sports, it being his one true passion. Eddie began working for USA Today in 1994 as a sportswriter. He is one of the nation's premier experts on college football. Eddie is as talented at playing games as writing about them. He is quite skilled at poker, chess, backgammon and countless card games. However, Eddie's claim to fame is his skill at another game: Jeopardy!.

Eddie was one of the most popular contestants in Jeopardy!'s history. The only concession to his disability was a small card with the Jeopardy categories printed on them in Braille. He easily won his first five games and earned a spot in the Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions. There, Eddie won his first match and lost by the narrowest of margins in his second. Eddie also made a brief appearance on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? as a lifeline for his friend. With Eddie's help, his friend won $125,000.

Eddie's condition has been a great obstacle for him to overcome. Eddie has not only triumphed, however, he has excelled at everything he has set his very formidable mind to. He is a truly remarkable person.


Sources:
http://www.madjacksports.com/nolan/articlejul16.shtml

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.