The X-files

E.B.E
Episode: 1X16
First aired:2/18/94
Written by: Glen Morgan and James Wong
Directed by: William Graham

An Iraqi pilot shoots down a UFO, which crashes near the Iraq/Turkey border near a U.S. installation.

In Tennessee, Mulder tries to question a truck driver who said he saw a saucer with lights. Mulder is unable to questions him after the sheriff releases the driver.

Mulder thinks that the truck was transporting an E.B.E (extraterrestrial biological entity), which would explain the UFO sighting.

Mulder seeks help from the Lone Gunmen, Langly, Byers, and Frohike, a paranoid group. They explain to Scully the government surveillance equipment used to track citizens. Scully is unconvinced till she finds equipment in her pen.

Mulder meets with Deep Throat, who gives him a packet directing him to Georgia. The tip turns out to be fake which enforces Scully's idea that Mulder trusts to easily. Mulder confronts Deep Throat who tells him that he meant to divert him but there are some secrets that should remain that way.

Mulder and Scully track the truck, which leads them to Washington state. They are stopped suddenly by a blinding light and find the truck abandoned. Mulder soon realizes that it was another hoax designed to divert them off course.

They enter a government facility using phony credentials, courtesy of the Lone Gunmen. However they are found out and Mulder runs from security in search of the truth.

In a large room he finds a chamber and runs toward it hoping to see an E.B.E. Security stops him but they let him go from orders by Deep Throat. Deep Throat tells him of a secret pact between nations that any E.B.E would be killed. Mulder, however, looks into the chamber but finds no alien, only equipment supposedly used.


Important Quotes:
Langly -- "So, check it out, Mulder, today I had breakfast with the guy who shot John F. Kennedy."
Mulder -- "Is that so?"
Langly -- "Old dude now, but yeah. Says he was dressed as a cop on the grassy knoll."

Byers -- "And, Mulder, listen to this. Vladmir Zhirinovsky, the leader of the Russian Social Democrats? He’s being put into power by the most heinous and evil force of the 20th century."
Mulder -- "Barney?"

Langly (of Scully) -- "Is this your skeptical partner?"
Frohike -- "She’s hot."

Byers -- "That’s why we like you, Mulder, your ideas are weirder than ours."

Scully -- "Those were the most paranoid people I have ever met. I don’t know how you could think that what they say is even remotely plausible."
Mulder -- "I think it’s remotely plausible that someone might think you’re hot."

Scully -- "Mulder, you’re the only one I trust."

Scully -- "I have never met anyone so passionate and dedicated to a belief as you. It’s so intense that sometimes it’s blinding. But there are others who are watching you, who know what I know and whereas I can respect and admire your passion, they will use it against you. Mulder, the truth is out there but so are lies."

Mulder -- "I’m wondering which lie to believe."

Previous Episode|Next Episode

Back to The X-files: Season 1

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.