In The Wheel of Time, an inhuman race of creatures that resemble humans but have a manner of speaking, way of moving and face that resembles a snake. They also might be somehow related to Eelfinn.

Nothing is known about Aelfinn's actual life, only about what their dealings with humans: people go to Aelfinn to seek answers. According to ancient treaty, any man (or woman) may enter once in his/her life, having no instruments of music, iron or items to make fire with. Then three questions may be presented to Aelfinn, and they will answer these questions truthfully, if a bit unclearly.

It is not known what Aelfinn gain from this deal; nothing seems to be taken from the humans. Maybe it's their pastime amusement.

It is also notable that the questions may not involve anything touching Shadow; asking these questions may be dangerous. This might tell something about their methods of reading the future. Also, ta'verens have somehow strange effect to that land; when two ta'veren were simultaneously inside the place, it almost went down in earthquakes.

The land that Aelfinn reside is strange place; it might be generated on the fly (like CGI-produced pages); its geometry is screwed and two persons entering place pretty much same time have no sight of each other, at least when leaving.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.