Well, today went much better than yesterday.  At least I didn't cause any major crisis (see daylog from: January 31, 2001) so that's a plus. 

Things I managed to accomplish today?  I did manage to get my XML project along further than I thought I would.  Of course, I would have proceeded further had I not been here... reading, trying to think of something to write that might have some merit...  I can waste half a workday here and it pisses me off.

    I blame this on ZFP...  he never should have pestered me to login here... 

    "You'd like it, you can post some of your twisted stuff here..." He said... 

    Of course, I believed him (fool that I was).

    Then I started to learn.  My "twisted stuff" is far too long to fit into some succinct post that wouldn't cause someone to roll their eyes, make a quick downvote and go on - I have to improve a lot to be able to hold someone's attention for the long stuff.

    So maybe if I ever reach a point that I have a decent reputation around here I might attempt one - but I doubt if my ego will be able to take the constant bruising it gets here...  but it's appreciated bruising (if that makes any sense)...  even the mystery downvotes are making me rethink the things that I write - and that can't be bad at all.  Hell, even if this gets downvoted to hell I'll be able to have the satisfaction to know that I did two daylogs in a row - that takes willpower, I can't even do my status reports at work two days in a row.

    Regardless, I was productive today.  I was able to create the XML output from Oracle and that was a big deal for me - of course, now that I have it I've no idea what I want to do with it...  I'm just trying to reduce database calls and now I'm stuck wondering if i'm doing the right thing... ah well... I'm learning and that's good.  Tomorrow I learn a bit more about XML parsing and if my experiment with the structure will work with my original design...  I'm dreading it...

    Next week I go to the web languages class.  I'm hoping it won't go as slowly as my previous class -  I spent most of my time on ...  you guessed it!  Here...  God damn it, why must I spend so much time reading this like I do?   I feel like I'm writing an ongoing letter to some anonymous lover who never writes me back directly- just writes to others who share their letters with me.

    But enough about you, I'm talking about MY day, not yours...

Day list - and then done...

  • I woke up early so I could prepare for a class I was going to teach today
  • Spoke with the owner of our company who had flown in from New York.  When I was through I felt as if I'd been kissing up to him - but I know I wasn't... was it that I was just too friendly?  No...  he's just a nice guy.  Maybe I laughed a little too hard at a lame joke...  that was probably it. I can forget that feeling, then.
  • I cancelled the class because I didn't feel as prepared as I wanted and our whole team wasn't there...  it could wait
  • Checked the reports from replication so that I could be sure that I didn't fuck it up again
  • Sat in on our "fires" meeting with the user community...  I didn't have anything to say except "oops" for yesterday.
  • Made some account adjustments...  yawn
  • Worked on my GOD DAMN personal XML project (at least it went well)
  • Stayed late reading more shit on everything
  • Had Pork and Macaroni and cheese...  simple but good.
  • Listened to Travis and finished writing this log out and linking...  
Going outside to smoke now... Goodnight