So, so you think you can tell heaven from hell?
Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

I may be going mad. Then again, maybe I always was. There was a dance lessons ball yesterday and some of my friends invited me there. It was quite fun actually - I have already forgotten how to dance, not having attended those lessons in about seven years, but everybody else seemed to be on par with me, so no major damage to health, life, or property has been wrought. The dance hall is underground and lacks any decent AC, but the heat that builds up is kind of traditional in this venue. So, there I was, dancing, drinking, chatting, and generally having a good time. Then I took a look at the dance floor and I froze solid, for I saw myself with a girl with whom I was in those courses seven years ago. On second inspection, the guy was quite different, but it is her, my friend, my nemesis, my muse, my love, as she was these seven years ago, when she wasn't all of these...yet. Cannot be, it's impossible, she's somewhere in Spain for the semester, my perfectly logical brain tells me. But there on the dancefloor she is, for an instant looking back at me. I didn't get myself to talk to her - maybe I was afraid to spoil my illusion, maybe I was afraid that it might be her and it would all begin anew. Is it better to regret the things you have done, or the things you have not done, although you had the chance to?

On a side note, although the e2 server may think otherwise for another ten minutes or so, I've turned 24 today (and e2 has,apparently, turned 6). Hmph. Nothing really celebration-worthy on my side, I guess. "Your age is a number assigned to you by an anonymous stranger. Treat it as such."